Monday, February 28, 2011

A Day on the Farm

I love this book.  Nya does too.  I've done trick photography so you can't tell, but the cover is not actually attached to the book, and the pages are taped in 4 places.  That's how much we love it.  "Farmer Brown and his family live on a little farm in the country..."

I want a farm.  Seriously.  About 10 acres please, with 6 chickens for laying, 25 for eating, a dairy cow- which I understand is a big responsibility, but it's also a lot of good milk, butter and cheese, 2 apples trees, 2 cherry trees, raspberry bushes, and blueberry, though I haven't had much luck growing blueberries... and a huge-a-mongous vegetable garden. We'd even have a dog named Jip and a cat named Mittens, just like the Browns. 

This is what I have... these are my babies, for the garden I will plant this summer.  I have a terrific friend who's letting me plant my babies in her huge-a-mongous garden on her land.  She's a kindred spirit. 

For now I will pray for contentment.  I do have a wonderful house, with wonderful neighbors, which is what our family needs right now.  But maybe, just maybe someday...

1 comment:

  1. i told josh if knox ever wants a pet we're getting sheep.

    ReplyDelete