I read an article today sitting in the mid-wives' office about Wabi Sabi, which is the Japanese art of "finding beauty in imperfection and profundity in nature, accepting the natural cycle of growth, decay and death. It's simple, slow and uncluttered and reveres authenticity above all."
I love that there aren't any "American arts," unless you count hot dog eating contests or the art of the all-you-can-eat buffet. But I digress...
First, I think Jesus started this art, not the Japanese. He uses the imperfect, in it's natural cycle to create beautiful things for His kingdom. And He desires our authenticity so He can form us into His beautiful design for simply glorifying Him. Bam. Sign me up for His wabi sabi!
On a lighter note, this article talked about not stressing out about a mildly messy house, or old things that you'd like replaced with the better, trendier model, be it cars or dishes. It said to take time to sit and read, or pray (I added that one), even if you have dishes in the sink. Be thankful the rug you have that is out of date or doesn't match your decor, and don't mind your wrinkles and rolls... it's a natural part of life... and life is beautiful!
So here I am. wabi sabi-ing. And even though my kitchen and dining room look like...
... I am now going to go spend some time being quiet while the girls are napping. Enjoy you day, friends, and don't forget to enjoy the natural process of life!
No comments:
Post a Comment