Ta Da! Bread Machine!
Do you have a BREAD MACHINE?? Great Scott! These things are amazing! Why isn't this #1 on gift registries and birthday lists worldwide?! I just inheirited one from my mother, who inheirited it from someone else- both of whom have no idea what they're missing. 3 loaves in 24 hours. Seriously.
SOOO EASYY! Do you realize you just put a bunch of stuff in a pan and push a button?!!?? I've been baking homemade bread the hard way for years. I can't believe.... We had a neighbor from Belgium who was appalled by American bread. Appalled that we would eat bread that was older that 2 hours old. I agree now. We will never eat 'old' bread again- partly because we can consume the whole loaf in under two hours...
If you have one- USE IT! If you don't... FIND ONE! Our favorite so far...
Applesauce Oatmeal Bread
5oz (1/2 c. + 2T) water, 80degrees
3/4 c. unsweetened applesauce
3Tbs. veggie oil
3Tbs. sugar
1 1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 c. oatmeal (either kind)
3 1/4 c. bread flour
1 Tbs. yeast
Add the wet ingredients, Add the dry on top, Make a well in the center for the yeast, and add it. Done. Makes a 1 1/2 lb. loaf, Use Basic/Medium settings.
No comments:
Post a Comment