Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Best Job

Being a mom is the best job by far.  I'm listening to a giggling girl right now, who although awake, gets a few 'alone time' minutes before mommy comes to get her. 


Though her friend is in the foreground, please notice the antics going on in the back ground.  That would be Nya, hanging like a monkey, upside down, from the window of her playhouse.

This week has been one of those hard yet thoroughly exciting weeks watching Nya grow, learn, and love life.  She's had a number of milestones, including swinging on a big girl swing, seeing her first parade, and counting while pointing to each item being counted.  She's had discussions with us about baby names for her brother, and has started doing her poops on the potty.  Sometimes:)


And stuffing lots of balls in her shirt.  Is that a milestone?

We're also at the point every parent dreads, when being naughty is no longer tollerated, her conscience has kicked in and discipline has to begin.  Real discipline.  Real follow through.  Every time.  Her daddy and I are discussing and praying about how this plays out, but with being a big girl comes responsibility for your actions.  And she will tell you that too.  "Reponbillty"  This, of course, is the part I'm not looking forward to.  But, I'm excited to see our big girl take next steps toward being a big girl.  And I'm willing to go through the trials and exhaustion I'm sure the next few months will bring. 



No matter how difficult, we know it's for the best, and obviously discipline is something that will help her establish right lifestyle habits for the rest of her life.  And all in all, eventually come to know and love Jesus like her mommy and daddy do.  And that is what we pray for her, and that is what we trust God will do in her life, as we do our part in her life.  Did I mention being a mommy (or daddy) is the best job ever?!?!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment