Saturday, May 28, 2011

Dear Panera,

I'm not very happy with you.  The past three - five times I have visited you, I have high hopes.  It's usually rainy and I want some delicious soup.  Or, I'm just looking for a comfy spot to enjoy a salad and warm sandwich.  Mmmm. The idea is delightful!

However...

You are always crowded.  And most of your stores are designed in a most heinous way, which makes it impossible to read the menu until I'm standing at the register. 

You are usually dirty.  This is quite disappointing, because the prices I'm paying for a bowl of soup should at least allow me a clean place to sit?  Don't you think?

And lastly, your food has been quite disappointing lately.  Maybe it's the fact that I found out all your sandwiches are frozen, and simply rewarmed.  As well as your soup.  Although, I'd be willing to overlook that if your food had a bit more pizazz.  The magic just seems to be gone flavor-wise.

Today my daughter and I visited you yet again, and all the above rang true.  I couldn't find knives or a high chair, and my baked potato soup tasted mostly like Campbells.  My daughter and I could have eaten at Applebees for the same price, and not had to do our own dishes. I love your idea... I just don't think we can be friends anymore.

Sincerely,
Katy

1 comment: