Want to know what I did today?? Played with my daughter and her friend and took a nap. That's it.
(Ok... I did clean my floors and bathroom this morning, and put a load of diapers in at noon, did dishes and dinner, but other than that... nada) Why? Because I'm learning to pick my battles - prego style.
I've been reading some great books and blogs by some great moms lately, encouraging me to stay motivated in caring for my home and my family. And it's been working. However, I'm also exhausted. I'm 30 weeks into this pregnancy, have battled a couple colds this month, and I'm fighting some major vein and tookus discomfort which demands I sit quite often. This is hard for me. I like to conquor. But right now I just can't.
Funny. My brother-in-law likes to ask the question 'What have you heard from God lately?' And that's funny, because I can't hear from God when I'm trying to conquor life on my own. When I'm not being still. When I'm not listening. My life demands I listen right now. There's a lot of silence, a lot of waiting. I can choose to be frustrated by what I can't do. Or I can hush and listen. What do you want me to learn right now, Lord?
I have a lot more listening to do. But I've already begun to recognize things like, how amazing my husband is (not that I didn't know this already- just in a refreshing sort of way), peace that comes with not rushing to do things I thought I had to do, the joy of a slow walk in God's creation, and the beauty of the Psalms- which I'm meandering through.
Shhhh. I'll keep listening, God. Thanks for the physical wipe out to remind me to keep my ears open.
I love this post, Katy. And I needed to hear it today, too. ♥
ReplyDeleteso true, my friend. thanks for this! <3
ReplyDelete