Thursday, January 31, 2013

My Healthier Cinnamon Roll Coffee Cake

It's been going around!  Have you seen it?  On Pinterest?:)  Cinnamon Roll anything is pure bliss for me, so a recipe that doesn't require "wait for it to rise" time is a winner in my book.

However... weighing in with 1 1/2 cups of butter and 4 cups of sugar?!??  Yikes! Stripes!  Even a doughnut-eating momma couldn't stomach that one! So I changed it, and it was delish.  So much so, that this is the only picture I got of my concoction- it's the last corner:)


'Healthier' Cinnamon Roll Coffee Cake

Cake
3 Cups Flour (I used Hogson Mill 50/50; use 1/2 whole wheat for a more hearty and healthy base)
1/2 c. sugar
4 t. baking powder
1/4 t. salt
1 1/2 c. skim milk
2 eggs
3 t. vanilla
1/2 c. melted butter

1. Mix everything but the butter real good.  Stir in the melted butter and pour into a greased 9x13.

Cinnamon Goodness
1/2 c. softened butter
1/2- 3/4 c. brown sugar (1/2 is plenty, my husband would say 3/4 is better)
2 T flour
1 T cinnamon

2. Mix all this up.  Maybe pop it in the microwave for 5 seconds to make just a smidge softer (not runny!) so you can pour back and forth all over the top of the batter.  Use a knife to swirl it in real good.

3. Bake at 350 for 35-40 minutes

Delicious Glaze
1 1/2 c. powdered sugar
1 T vanilla
3 T milk

4.  Mix this all up (love me some vanilla!) and pour over the warm cake.

5. Share with your friends and neighbors!

Like I said, if you want the original, go here.  I'm sure made this way would be heavenly too;)

Have a beautiful weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment