Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Things my Mom says




You know what I'm talking about!  Those things your mother told you, and at the time you give her a little nod, and smirk behind her back, and forget...

..UnTIl YoU HAVe KIDS!

And then all of a sudden, you're realize... hey!  Mom!  You're one smart cookie!;)  So here are some that I am clinging to these days.

1.  Use your dryer.

As in, the clothes dryer.  It's good to save the earth.  It's good to save money on your electric bill.  It's BETTER to get the laundry done-right-now-as-fast-as-you-can.  I used to hang everything.  Now, I sometimes don't even check to see if that stain came out before shoving it in there and moving on to the next crisis.  Ahhhh, the freedom! (note: I still hang stuff... but I've moved from 100% hanger, to 25%)

2.  Go to bed with a clean kitchen.

Doesn't matter how late, how tired.  Just clean it before you go to bed. You will adore yourself in the morning.  Your family will adore yourself in the morning.

3.  Put on makeup.

Upon being asked why the heck she was doing her face on a Saturday morning... her reply (and I quote), "the only man I ever want to impress I see every day, so that's why I wear makeup every day."  I would like to add, you feel a heckofalot better about yourself all day long too.  Even if you are just hanging with your tykes.  Just ran across a great blog post about this one.  Find a tutorial here, and what I learned was, use the makeup you already have, and go fast!  Watch the video, and be amazed by her speed!

4.  Have a race with yourself when your kids sleep.

I'm bad at this, but getting better.  Idea:  as soon as your kids nap, or rest, or watch their afternoon show, whatever... have a race with yourself to see how much you can get done.  The days I do this, I accomplish more than I do the rest of the days of the week combined.  If I sit down and relax be a lazy arse as soon as they go down, I hate myself later and very little is accomplished.  And yes, even on Saturdays I do this.

5. Sunday is a day of rest, and football.

My momma never rested much, but she did Sunday afternoons when football was on.  I remember that being one of the most relaxing times for all of us.  Your family relaxes most when the momma does!  Moral of the story: Remember the Sabbath day, and keep it holy.

Thanks mom, I love you!


No comments:

Post a Comment