Monday, September 17, 2012

Prizes

I like prizes.  I like watching people get them, and I like giving them, and I like getting them.  Sometimes they are earned... sometimes not.  Nya got little prizes all summer from the library for doing her reading.  Then we got a call Saturday that she had won a drawing and got a special prize... a bag of books and stuffed animals!



Our family has started getting prizes are from our chickens!  Every day it's so fun to go out and find this!  



Judah's prize is to make it to Sally's water dish without me seeing and stick his foot in.  He thinks it's the best prize ever.  Really son?

God likes prizes too.  He wants me to run my spiritual life like I'm in a race to win the prize.  Training, sacrificing, challenging myself beyond what I think I'm capable of doing.  You know, biggest loser style.  He says that I should train myself to be like Him.  To love like him, to serve- not to get stuff for myself.  And in the end, my prize will be Him, the lover of my soul.  The author and perfecter of my faith.  I'm very thankful for that prize to come, and hope to run my race this week accordingly!  Happy Monday!







No comments:

Post a Comment