Saturday, May 12, 2012

7 Things

1. I've never been much of a bird watcher until recently.  Thanks to my neighbor, who has some great feeders, and nice spring days, we've have a menagerie to gaze upon almost every time we open our back door.  In the past 36 hours we've seen Goldfinches, Baltimore orioles, Blue Jays, 

 
a downy woodpecker,

 our resident red-bellied wood pecker (we really should name him),

mourning doves

red-winged blackbirds, cardinals, a cow bird, along with robins, wrens and sparrows.  Not even exaggerating.  Yes, these pictures were taken from our back porch.  No, I did not get pictures of the orioles or finches because every time Nya and I would begin to whisper, Judah would scream like a velociraptor.

2.  I have way cute kids.  Just needed to throw that out there.


3. Chickens poop A LOT.  But I keep referring to them as an entity.  You know, we have Sally-dog and thechickens.  Only thing is, on the poop scale, I have 7 pets.  Help us all.  At least their poo is compost-able and should make for a terrific garden later. Or something.


4. I have cute kids.  Probably the cutest ever.


5. When my husband is gone, I don't do laundry.  Take that back.  I do laundry, I just don't fold or put away.  And he's gone for 5 days straight this week.  You can only imagine the hunt that ensues if I need a (matching) pair of socks. 

6.  Did I mention the adorableness that is my children??

(the lama is not mine-the cute girl feeding him is.)

7.  Last, but not least, a virtual toast to the mommies.  I'm excited to have 2 reasons to celebrate my mommy-hood tomorrow and exceptionally thankful for my mommy and all she has been and is to me!

(would you take a look at those good lookin' kids with her?!?)

;)



No comments:

Post a Comment