Thursday, April 26, 2012

Wishin' and Hopin' mommy-style

(I can write a blog post in the time it takes my daughter to eat her lunch.  After I've finished mine.  While taking time to stop and interact with her.  That's how long it takes to eat lunch.  Sakes alive.)

I have a lot of project plans for this week.  Ha!  As a mother of two, and two more during the day, time and energy doesn't always allow all I would like to do.  I dream anyway.


Like building a chicken coop.  Can you see it??  Me neither.  But Nate and I are going on a "hot" date tonight to buy supplies. And when we're done, it will look very similar to this.



As motivation, we are getting chicks tomorrow.  That should get that coop built, right? ;)  I have procured the supplies to keep chicks.  If all 4 kids nap simultaneously, I may even have their home set up today.


And here's the garden.  Oh my.  I did plant a row of beets!  Random!  The weeds are cleared, but it has not been tilled.  Nor have I cleared the other 70 sq ft I plan on adding this year.  Mmmm... salsa, and fresh green beans.  Okra, and cucumbers... butternut squash and watermelon!  Maybe!

As an aside, I learned this weekend that I should be 'training' my strawberries.  Taking the runners off and replanting them in nice rows.  Oops.  Notice them spilling into the walk?  They're about as 'trained' as my two year old on the potty (we've been through 3 pairs of panties this morning).

I will never get used to the curve I must place on my own "to do" list, until my kids have kids of their own. But, I'm super glad I have the best excuses, (named Nya and Judah) for never getting 'anything' done!

No comments:

Post a Comment