Monday, April 16, 2012

Hot Car

I just stepped out to rescue Nya's blanket from the car before nap, and it was hot (the car, not the blanket).  I LOVE hot cars.  You know what I mean, how it feels when you get in a car that's been shut up and sitting in the sun?  Even when it's 100degrees (at least for the first 2 seconds), I love the feel of a hot car.  It reminds me of summer and road trips.  Oh, all the road trips.  And California, and the beach, and working at Starbucks and Chicago, and just about a hundred things.

I would have stayed, had not there been 2 kiddos waiting inside.



I have a 'new' car.  It's a mini van.  And no, I have no qualms with mini vans.  I wanted one before I had kids.  It came from my mom, but before that it was my Aunt Juanita's.  I didn't know her very well, but she was an awesome lady.  I got the chance to live with her family and community right after she went to be with Jesus, and let me tell you, she was some gal.  I consider it an honor to drive her car and I hope I leave the kind of Jesus-lovin' legacy she did when I'm gone.  I think about her a lot when I'm cruising around town with my kiddos.  Thanks Lord for my Auntie!  Thanks Juanita, for the van:)

No comments:

Post a Comment