Thursday, January 26, 2012

On being Sick

The bad news:  After being bothered for a week, we found out today that Judah has an ear infection and probably RSV.  Poor dude.  That also means he's contagious, so we'll have to cancel the 2 birthday invites we had for this weekend and miss the track meet.  Ugh. I have a sinus infection following my cold/flu, and my doctor did not call back today.  Double Ugh.
The good news: We just have bugs.  Not something hospital worthy, or something permanent.  Just bugs.  Nya's fever free and her cough is almost gone.  We have meds for Judah, and he fell asleep by himself.  And as far as I know, we won't have to miss 1/2 price Blizzard day on Saturday.


Notes on being Sick:
-Target is in ca-hoots with Blue Cross/Blue Shield.  I only spent $10 on a co-pay at the doctor, then $60 at Target to buy all the necessary meds, tissues, xtra vaporizer (one for each room :p), cough drops, vicks vapor rub for babies and 2 gallons of assorted juices.  All with vitamin C.
- Friends are awesome.  When you're sick, they're awesomer.  Or maybe you just appreciate their awesomeness.  Like the 2 friends who brought us soup this week, the one who brought us cookies, and the ones who are having to use their sick hours because of us :p
- You shouldn't watch a lot of tv/movies.  If you don't, when you DO get sick, you can keep a two year old riveted for 3+ hours.  (Note: it may have helped that she was feeling icky too, but man!  I've never loved media as much as today)
-They do not have dye-free amoxcycillan (sp.).  This makes me angry.  So now I have to feed my tiny baby who has never known anything but mommy milk dye-laden (red dye!  the worst!), fruit-flavored gunk for 10 whole days?  Sick.  You should have seen his face trying to get it down... 


My heart on being Sick:
I am SOOOO selfish!  When I feel bad, it's very hard for me to think about anyone else.  Jesus has called us to serve, no matter what our circumstances... poor, sick, busy... still wants me to use what I have for others.  And I have had to confess to Him many times this week that I am failing.  How thankful I am for His grace!  He still loves me despite me.   My kids feeling bad has helped me this week, but also opened my eyes.  I have argued with my husband this week more than I have in a year.  All about me!  He has gotten the brunt.  Isn't this true?!?  Why do we do that to our spouses??  I love you babe, and I promise... someday, we'll both feel better (now that I gave it to you) and we'll kiss and make out up.

1 comment:

  1. awww, my sweet katy, i love you! praying for the fam and wish i could be in the mix of friends bringing over goodies!
    <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete