Go Cyclones.
On a similar note... are you your hubby's biggest fan? I'm working on that one right now. Trying to do better. I've become a big fan of getting my son to walk, dry panties, bedtimes, having enough milk in the fridge, and (my own) sleep. At times, I will run hurdles, tackle things and be a little too defensive to get said things accomplished. Remember that 'love, honor, best friend forever' vow thing we did? Back in the day? Before diapers? I vowed to Nate that I would love and honor him always. (Our culture doesn't take vows very seriously anymore. Vows used to mean "I'll do this, or you can take my life," or... "I'll be true to this, or you get all my money and property and everything I own.") I want to do and be that for my husband. I did then and I do now. See those cutie kids up there? They are going to grow up and leave me! No kidding! Little rascals... See that handsome man standing next to the smiling bird? He's not going to leave me. And I'm not leaving him. And for us to have a phenomenal, productive, world-changing kind of life together, I've got to put first things first!
Sad story alert!! ...
I know a lady. She really loves her dogs. It's strange how much she loves her dogs, but that's another story. She has a husband, who's just kind of a shell of what used to be a nice man. He smiles, but doesn't say much. But every time he does (no matter how benign and inconsequential) she bashes him. Right to the ground. Makes him look like an idiot, for commenting on the weather, or what have you. She's nice to other people, but the way she treats her husband, there should be a husband rescue shelter! It's quite sad. ... But! Be it over-exaggerated, it's a picture of what our life will be like if I don't love and honor Nate now. He may not walk around like a spanked puppy (pun intended), but if I don't love him. Honor him around our kids, around our friends, around our family, his spirit will be crushed (as is anyone's in an unhealthy relationship) and our marriage will be an institution. Not a celebration!
Enough down in the dumps stuff though! I have an amazing husband, and honestly, nothing to complain about anyway! I just need to make sure I'm his biggest fan ALWAYS! No matter what. No matter where.
Three cheers for Nate Wiens! The biggest lover of God, his wife and his kiddos I know! The hottiest, hunkiest, handsomest guy I've met! The funniest, silliest, goofiest friend I've ever had! I could go on!
And now I'm done. Cuz you probably stopped reading the middle of that last paragraph anyway...
good stuff, kates.
ReplyDeleteas for that last part.......get a room ;)
<3
So glad that this TOTALLY reflects who you are in Christ! Love you baby girl!
ReplyDelete