We have a little problem. My son is infatuated with me. Cute, but the guy won't eat. He just stares into my eyes and coos. It's as though he's saying...
"I don't want food mommy! It's enough just to look at you! You feed me and clothe me and rock me and change my poopies. Even when I pee all over my own face, you smile and clean me off. And as soon as you put a clean diaper on, and I poop everywhere, you clean me off again. And when I feel yucky, you rock me, even if there are other things to do. And you're there in the middle of the night when I'm sad or gassy or hungry. Plus, you carried me around for 9 months and gave birth to me, which I know must have been pretty rough. So I don't want to eat right now. I'll just look at you. And smile!"
Now understand, I'm painfully full at this point, and really need him to eat, but how in the world can I resist those beautiful blue eyes? Seriously. So I let him stare at me, while I'm hanging out (literally and figuratively). And I love it.
I was thinking this afternoon how Jesus must feel when I stop and just worship Him.
"I don't need anything right now Jesus. It's enough just to look at you! You feed me and clothe me and comfort me and cleanse me when I proverbially poop all over myself. Even when I mess up again, You're right there, willing and waiting to forgive me. Because You're my savior, I'm eternally clean! And when I do feel yucky, you rock me, even though You're doing a lot of other things at the same time. In the middle of my times of darkness, You're there. Not to mention, You created me, then died to save me and everyone else You call Your children, and I know that must have been pretty rough. So I don't want to ask for anything right now. I'll just look at You. And smile."
Well said!
ReplyDeleteWow! That's all I can say, WOW!!!!!!!
ReplyDelete