Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Choosing Joy

I try not to blog about my difficult days.  That's a big pet peeve... facebook/bloggers who more often report on their tragedies than their comedies. 

Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right,
whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable,
if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, think about such things.
Philippians 4:8

I've had a couple rough days, but even in the roughness, there's been joy, and laughter and lessons learned.  Isn't that how God works?!  I love it!  Walking through, even mundane sort of challenges, gives me opportunity to either choose the Joy that Christ offers in a relationship with Him, or to bare my own burdens leading to self-centered pity.  Today, with God's help, I'm choosing joy.  It's difficult for me to function without my bestie, partner and lover ... silly guy went to Texas for the week.  But even without him, I've had some precious moments with my kiddos, and wonderful times with Jesus.  So here's the good stuff from my time without Nate...

  • (more) cuddles (than usual) from Nya
  • smiles and raspberries from Judah
  • ipod with Carlos Whitaker on it
  • a second baby swing from a friend
  • Ephesians 3
  • laughing out loud with 2 hysterical two-year-olds
  • smiles and cuddles from a new buddy
  • play date with friends
  • Starbucks coffee and kids hot chocolate
  • a bottle warmer (yes. you read correctly.  it's a big deal in our house right now) 
  • dinner with friends -thrice!- i haven't had to have dinner alone all week
  • phone calls from Houston
  • the book "Jesus Calling"
  • did I mention baby cuddles?!?
  • the bed to myself (umm... if you don't count the dog)
  • hearing Nya sing Christmas Carols
  • adventures in the 'corn pool'
  • the growing fondness that comes from the absence of my hubby

... and all of a sudden, I realize my perception of the past few days has indeed been skewed.  God is good.  I am glad His mercies are new every morning.  Great is His faithfulness.  I can't wait for tomorrow to see what He has in store. 




1 comment: