I love my kids. The one I have, AND the one on the way. Super bunches. And so my favorite day, I will declare to be the day of my second kiddo's birth.
However, I do not love what they have done to my body. I admit, this is a struggle. Mainly with my husband... NOT because of anything he has ever said or done- he's actually angry at me for thinking this way!, but because of me. I want to be beautiful for him ALL the time- you know, like on-my-wedding-day-type beautiful. And who doesn't?! I tell you one thing though. The stuff I've got going on in my trunk ain't it! Can I get an amen from the sisters?!?
Here's the deal. Beauty is fleeting. My body is fleeting. I want to spend the vast majority of my life working on my soul, and the souls of the people I love. However, I do want to honor God with the body he's given me too. And I do want to be beautiful for my husband, who is a super hottie-mc-hotterson himself. Seriously! Have you seen the guy!? Oww!
dang. :)
6 weeks from then (only because the professionals insist I wait 6 weeks)...
Meet Gladys and Erma II. Got em last week- solely for training. As a history lesson, Gladys and Erma were the shoes I trained for a marathon in... some of my most fond training days with some dear friends in Nebraska. Gladys and Erma (l & r shoe, respectively) saw many a mile, and saw me at the peak of my fitness. G&E II are going to see me there again. I can't wait.
Sally can't wait either. She's put on some weight herself, and certainly lost her stamina. (Except to catch and kill that baby bunny yesterday and deposit it on my driveway. That took stamina. Stupid dog.)
Anybody else?? September is the worst time ever, too. Just starting to get cold... but I'm going to do it! If anyone wants to come along, I'll be on the trail down the street the morning of the 30th. Come join me!
I would love to join you, but it'll be a few weeks too early for me and I'm just not a runner. I want to be, but I'm not. Hope you have a great run in 12 weeks!!
ReplyDeleteKaty, I just loved catching up with your life a bit through your blog! Much of what you write echos many of my own thoughts and I look forward to reading more :) Congratulations on the upcoming newbie!
ReplyDelete(PS this is Ronica's pal Theresa from NJ in case the name doesn't ring a bell!)